Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm Overdue

Yesterday was Saige's due date... so I'm only 1 day overdue.  However, for anyone that has been pregnant before you KNOW just how annoying this is.  However, I do know that she will be here by Saturday at the latest.  I can't wait to meet her, and when she gets older I fully expect an explanation on why she made me wait so long to see her face.  I mean, my body has been getting ready for her for a few weeks now & she just doesn't seem to be responding.  Stubborn child perhaps?  Not that I have any clue where that would come from.  Cam is very very impatient with this labor & birthing thing... I think part of it is nerves and the rest is excitement.  I mean poor guy did miss all the pregnancy milestones, and I hated that for him.  He informed me to day he was excited to have the baby because he gets a cigar, a real cigar not a candy one.  He thought/thinks the hospitals hand them out to new dads, but I informed him I don't think that they do and if they did it wouldn't benefit him.  He quit smoking during deployment because I told him I didn't want the baby around it & because I can't stand the smell/feeling/anything about it.  Besides, Saige isn't subjecting herself to it so why should she be subjected to it?  Cigars are so much worse than cigarettes to me... so I can confidently say that will be a keepsake should he receive a real one.  We have everything all packed and ready to go.  My hospital bags are packed & loaded, Saige's come home outfit, cameras, everything that I can possibly think of.  We have her baby book started and waiting for her arrival.  I was honestly thrilled to death to have that thing and start writing in it.  There are a few projects that could be finished... they just always slip my mind.  We have a few bows/flowers to glue onto clips for her headbands, then we'll be completely set until I want to do something else.  Actually I know what I want to do next, I just have to learn to sew or make Cam help me make it.  I think I could figure out this sewing thing though & my project doesn't seem to be too difficult.  Oh and Cam taught me how to make different knots & bows, so now instead of buying the bows & gluing them myself I just need to buy ribbon!  How exciting?  I told him I really couldn't wait for Saige to get older and have someone to do all the crafty stuff with.  I get so excited over these types of things and Cam (being a man) doesn't seem to share my excitement... I mean he gets happy that I'm happy... but you know its not the same.  We talked about Christmas stockings though, & he said that he could make ours... I may let him indulge in this project.

Sorry I've been so lame at updating, things have been a little busy around here.  Hopefully I'll be updating soon enough with pictures of my little one & our little family.

1 comment:

  1. Your next update better say something about a baby arrival!

    I still cannot believe she's being so stubborn. Shes grounded!

    ReplyDelete