but first, my doctors appointment. Starting last week my doctor's appointments will be every week, yes thats right 1 day a week for the next 3-5 weeks will be spent sitting an hour or few at the doctors. Luckily, I like my doctors office & the doctor I'm hoping will deliver my sweet sweet offspring. So today I came in and waited FOREVER in the waiting room, then finally saw my DR. "Any questions, issues, concerns?" Why yes, my child hasn't been moving so much, my kick counts aren't working too well and I'm concerned. So he listened to her heart, said it sounded good then measured my fundus and then sent me a few rooms down for a non-stress test. That was MAGICAL, I got to sit for 20 minutes in this huge, squishy recliner. I mean I was of course hooked to monitors but that chair made up for it. Anywho, they deemed Saige is fine and that next week I get to do all the same stuff again. Cam was with me at his appointment, the 2nd one he's been to but the first time he's heard her heart beat... he was in love.
Now, I have been tagged by the marvelous Jessica (who coordinates weddings, particularly military weddings) to list 7 things about myself. Where oh where to begin.
1. I'm a screamer, whether I'm alone or in a room full of people... if there is a bug & I have spotted it I've probably screamed. I can not stand a bug, any bug; however, my severe distaste comes from roaches (& the like) and spiders.
2. I may be biased, but I'm sure I have the most entertaining dog ever. She makes cute little chubacca (however you spell it) noises, bounces around like a deer, and shows her bottom teeth to you while you're eating something.
3. I love love love Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe. I collect Marilyn things and have a small amount of stuff on Audrey. I'm very fascinated by them and their lives and how they lived. Plus they both were classy woman.
4. I am quite uncensored... I have tried to be a little bit better about it, but its a daily struggle and I'm about to give up. It is quite hilarious when you get myself, sister, mom, aunt & cousin together and we get on a roll. We have been known to teach an old lady a thing or two she could've went the rest of her life without knowing. Generally we mean no harm, but you know there's always someone who gets offended or what not. Along with this, I'm pretty perverted... more than most guys.
5. I have a passion for photography, I just slack at going out and getting the shots. I also get worried about bringing my camera out to different locations because I don't want it getting messed up. I should link some pictures to this blog for your viewing pleasures. I'm going to work on this more once the baby gets here, but as much as I love taking pictures of people to capture memories and being in them this is not the sort of photography that interests me.
6. I have a very strong love for Coach, Kathy VanZeeland, and Dooney & Bourke purses. I just got a new Coach purse for my birthday from my In-laws, now I need a new Dooney. I look at their websites about 3-4 times a week and "window" shop but never buy... I know Cam won't say no, but he never asks for anything and I feel bad for even talking to him about the purses.
7. I am a major girly girl. I don't always dress super girly, but thats because I'd rather be cute and comfy than done up but don't let that fool you. As I've mentioned, I hate bugs but my hatred doesn't stop there. I hate hate hate grass, and refuse to walk through wet grass (it is so disgusting). I don't like getting dirty and can't stand anything under my fingernails. Camping is completely out of the question unless there is a flushing toilet, excellent shower, and an actual room and bed to sleep in. I used to have a huge distaste for sand when I was younger, I somehow outgrew that, probably because my mom had my sister & I at the beach 2 days a week all summer long for many years. I think girls shouldn't have to take out the trash (from inside or the big cans), or clean toilets, and the only reason I don't disagree with cleaning up dog poop is because we change diapers so willingly.
I'm tagging...
1. Amber at 4guys4me
2. Jennye at Mommy loves cupcakes and tattoos
3. Trisha at Cloth diaper sniffer
4. Laurie at Cows and Combat boots
5. Jess at Diapers Dogtags & Delicious Dishes
6. Noel at Issued to a Soldier
7. Natalie at Life as a Dreamer
Ready, Set, Go ladies!

I love the word "fundus," it's so dirty sounding :P
ReplyDeleteWe have a big squishy recliner at our house - come to washington and sit in it, I won't even hook you to any monitors!