Saturday, July 10, 2010

an eventful few days

Ok, so first I was talking to Cam's mom earlier this week & she told me that whenever I heard something about Cam's homecoming to let her know, she was going to be there.  I may have taken it wrong, but I took it as telling me, not asking if we minded or wanted it just for ourselves.  Anywho- I told her I hadn't heard anything, and I haven't, & that I will be relying on Cam to say "I'm here".  Cam & I have talked about homecoming & departure before he left.  We agreed that the departure & the last full weekend before he left were supposed to be for just us.  Well that full weekend, his parents ended up coming that Saturday, I was not happy- but apparently he's not great at saying no.  Homecoming we decided would be for just us, the ceremony, event, actual homecoming, & days afterwards... understandable right?  So my dear husband called today (yay!) and I told him about the situation, asked what he wanted & he stated that he would just like it to be as we talked.  He just wants to come home & relax.  Good we're on the same page, plus its just a lot of different reintegrations than its ever been for him.  He's coming home a wife, I'm pregnant, we have the puppy & he's going to have to learn to coexist with me all over again & I with him.  I just don't feel its the right time to have visitors.  So now, I have to figure when is the best time to speak with his mom & dad about this.  I don't want there to be any hard feelings or drama- but it is what it is & Cam is grown and married now.

Next situation, Saige is grounded indefinitely when she comes out!  I have been a busy bee lately, but Wednesday I tried to take breaks in between my activities and Thursday all I did was paint her letters for her name.  Well I noticed Weds night there wasn't a whole lot of baby movement- but just thought she was sleeping or hiding.  Come Thursday night, I was in labor & delivery because Saige didn't move at all that day.  I tried all the tricks & rested a lot- no movement.  I got to the hospital & into my room and the nurse tried for about 10 minutes on her own to find the heartbeat, no luck... she had to go get someone else.  This new lady took another 10 minutes to find her heartbeat & at one point looked to the original lady & mouthed something, they both looked a little defeated at that point & then Saige cooperated.  I was so so scared, I'm not sure how I kept my composure but I did.  So once we got her on the monitor she stayed put for a while- but about 2.5 hours later I had to pee, so we had to find her heartbeat all over again, this time it was much more difficult.  Anyways, I came home around midnight & have been told to be on rest since then (for a few days at least) and to monitor her movements closely.  My mom & aunt drove down that night to be with me, they stayed through today.  It was nice & they did some stuff around the house for me that I couldn't do.

So Friday was a relaxing yet fun day.  We just sat around & chit chatted, did some chores and then went to dinner.  It was soo yummy & afterwards we went to krispy kreme, OH MY GOSH!!!  So they left today, this afternoon & Reese and I are back to one-on-one time.  We did some hanging of Cam's clothes a little bit ago & now we're vegging on the couch.  Tomorrow I have to do laundry (washing, drying & folding), hanging and organizing more of Cam's clothes (& mine) and putting dishes away and then I'll call it quits for the day.

1 comment:

  1. It's Laurie from AWC. Just started following you, so I just wanted to say hi :-)

    ReplyDelete