Friday, September 24, 2010

Fill in Friday

What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? (fromThe Albrecht Squad)
Oh my, definitely my independence.  My mom & I talked a lot about this while Cam was gone.  I have always been a strong, independent lady but being married to someone in the military and going through various trainings and deployments only strengthens that.  Some days I feel bad for Cam because of how independent I am and how much more the deployment enhanced that.  Though I think it helps him in a way to know that I can take care of myself, the house, and be comfortable when he's away.

What is your favorite vacation spot and why? (from ‘Tis the Life of the Army Wife)
I have yet to discover my favorite vacation spot.  I haven't been many places.  I like the Outer Banks in NC for memory reasons and it seems to never change, Myrtle Beach was fun when I was younger and I don't mind it now, but its not my favorite.

If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? (from The Only Pink in a House of Blue)
Haha, I go on the post hardly ever, so I'm not really sure what is there to eat.  I think there's usually a Taco Bell & Charley's.  Out of those 2 I would pick Taco Bell

Where did you go on your honeymoon?  (from Pennies from Heaven)
We didn't go on our honeymooon, 2 nights after our wedding I got really really sick and wasn't better by the time we were supposed to leave to go.  We contacted the company (little cottage in the mountains) and told them about everything going on & that Cam was leaving for training the next week and they offered to keep our deposit and let us schedule for any time in 2010.  We still haven't gone, because in February Cam left for deployment, just got home the end of August and by that time it was too late in the pregnancy to travel that far.  Maybe one day we'll get something awesome like that, but I don't feel like I've really missed out on anything.

If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? (from Proud to Be a Navy Family and The Calm Before The Storm)
I would love love love to work at St. Jude's Children's Hospital.  Actually it is my dream to work there, and I will one day.  I absolutely love kids and cancer has had a huge impact on my life, so why not combine the two?  I love how kids are so innocent and imaginative and they never seem to let things get them down.


1 comment:

  1. Hope that your dream will come true :)
    Sure I believe you'll do a great thing there.

    ~brokenlarkspur

    ReplyDelete